Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Into the Woods -- Part 3 of my first foray into the Burned Woods

                                       Start with Part 1     Go Back to Part 2


As I continued exploring, more vistas of desolation opened up before me.


I encountered groups of five Kindlings. The group only dropped one small chest, not five.






The only other regular mob I encountered was a toasty bark mob. The instance only has four different regular mobs.

  • burned wood
  • smoldering toad
  • kindling
  • toasty bark








I encountered another named on my list: Burnt Reynolds.










I hadn't realized it before, but these named mobs were Epics x 4!

Burnt Reynolds had a special attack.





Defeating him got me:









There was only one named left on my kill list: Enfuego.





I had cleared the entire zone, except for a tower.















I flew over the tower, and saw a group of kindling.






I landed on the tower to engage the kindling, and was immediately attacked by Enfuego!






I don't know where he came from, perhaps from inside the tower? He was big, and right in my face. I couldn't get a screenshot in the limited space on top of the tower, so I jumped down to the ground. 







Killing him got me: 










Enfuego was the last one on my list, but there was one more confrontation. The final boss appeared near the zone-in portal.



Ixiblat Fer!

No, I am not swearing at you in Aztec, that is his name.




I died fighting him.




I revived in the forlorn little cemetery next to the zone-in portal. While I was licking my wounds I geared up in the four new pieces of armor from this zone.






Then I went in for round two -- and won!


For my final reward I received:
With an orange adorn:

Overall, a very fun and exciting excursion, not to mention beneficial!

I don't know if I will ever get another burnt key so I can do it again on another character, but I will keep hoping that I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment