Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Into the Woods -- Part 2 of my first foray into the Burned Woods

Now that I had a burnt key and had endured the convoluted conversation of Mujahid Mukhtaar to obtain the quest, I needed to find a portal to the Burned Woods.

The portals are temporary, spawning and de-spawning. They appear randomly in various zones, including Jarsath Wastes and Fens of Nasthar. Luckily for me, Fahker found one on a small island west of the Lake of Ill Omen.
portal to the Burned Woods in Everquest 2
Portal to the Burned Woods with Fahker of Skyfire
Fahker had been great help, but from here I had to go alone. The Burned Woods is a solo instance. Totally solo -- not even a mercenary could go with me.

I clicked on the portal and entered a desolate, smoldering landscape.
The Burned Woods in Everquest 2
The Burned Woods near zone-in


burned wood mob in Everquest 2
burned wood mob
On zone-in my quest updated:

I needed to "slay anything of consequence":

  • Taodaly Blayzed
  • Enfuego
  • Matchstick Men
  • Burnt Reynolds














I began exploring the area. Flaming treants wandered around, waving their burning branches in the smoky air.


















Not far down the path I encountered a wandering group of nameds.


Three of them:
  • Hot Head
  • Lucky the Striker
  • Roy Waller


The Matchstick Men!




They were on my list of "anything of consequence" to slay, so I attacked them.








I managed to kill them without dying myself, and received:
















As I continued exploring, I encountered a smoldering toad. I guess he didn't like tourists taking his picture. While I was getting a screenshot of him, he attacked me.

He dropped a small chest. Many players don't even open small chests. They just leave them and continue killing mobs. But I clicked on it. And then I saw this in my chat window:

Ummm... 11686 platinum plus 1752 platinum for being an All-Access member is... 13, 438 platinum.
From one small chest?! From a regular mob?!
Needless to say, I began clearing the zone, killing EVERYTHING. When I left the zone I had approximately 875,000 more platinum pieces than I had when I entered.

The small chests from the regular mobs averaged at least 10,000 platinum each. UPDATE: I have since done this on my berserker, and they chests only had 9 platinum in them for her! I don't know if it is a randomly generated amount that changes, or if my getting 10,000 plat per chest was a "bug" that got fixed.

 Occasionally they dropped exquisite chests too, but those contained only one of two items:


Near the smoldering toads I found another named: Toadaly Blayzed.

Killing him got me:



My adventure continues in Part 3. Click HERE to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment